Explore Freedom Deposit Account of Savings UK Ltd
|Profit Rate||2.5% AER|
A guaranteed return on your Freedom deposit
If you don’t need access to your money sometimes, you can earn a guaranteed rate of interest by securing it away for a fixed period.
What is the interest rate?
- Where the balance on the account is £100 or more, the interest will be 2.5% Gross/AER fixed.
- AER stands for annual equivalent rate, and shows what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded each year.
- Interest is calculated daily and paid into your account either monthly or annually, depending on the option on your account.
Can Savings UK Ltd change the interest rate?
- No, the interest rate is fixed for the duration of the term.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £100,000 deposit?
- Based on the interest rate of 2.5%, an account with a £100,000 deposit will have a balance of £102,500 after a year.
- This projection is for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account individual circumstances.
- This projection is based on receiving £100,000 deposit on the first day of the due invoice, which remains invested for 12 months.
How do I open and manage my account?
- Fixed deposits are available to individuals and businesses (i.e. limited companies, partnerships, LLPs and sole traders), charities, associations, clubs, societies and parish/local councils.
- You can apply for an account online by making a first payment of at least £100. The account will start operating and earning interest on the working day we receive funds.
- The product is strictly limited and can be withdrawn at any time.
- Once we have confirmed with you that your account has been opened, you can fund it at anytime.
- Within the funding period, you may fund your account from your nominated account either electronically or by bank transfer, up to a maximum of £1,000,000 deposit. If your account exceeds the maximum limit, the funds will be returned to your nominated account.
- Each customer can hold a maximum of £5 million across all savings accounts held with Savings UK Ltd.
- Once the funding period has ended or if the account is no longer available, you will be unable to make further deposits.
- You can appoint up to 4 authorised users.
- All payments need to be made into and from your nominated account.
- You can manage your account using your secure login details, which are unique to you.
Can I withdraw money?
- You can make withdrawals and can close the account any time.
- You can contact us anytime, outlining your options, whether you would like to:
- *Transfer your money in full from the fixed rate savings account into your nominated account.
- *Re-invest your money in full into a new savings account with us (subject to availability at the time).
- *Transfer your money in full to another savings account with us.
- In order to transfer your proceeds from your account or withdraw funds to your bank account, please contact us.
Forced account cancellation by client:
- The client must contact us to cancel the Freedom deposit.
- The Fixed deposit will be cancelled in 3 days normally.
- Statements are available on request.
- All interest on UK savings accounts will be paid without the deduction of tax.
- You have the option to change your mind anytime after the account opening. Let us know within this period and we will cancel your account without penalty or notice.
- Withdrawals can be made anytime.
- Your financial position must allow you to cover any cash flow during the fixed term period.
- Our Fixed accounts have a maximum funding limit and, once reached, the account will become unavailable for new customers.
Your savings are protected
Your eligible deposits with Savings UK Ltd are protected up to a total of £85,000 by our Funds insurance, the deposit guarantee scheme. Any deposits you hold above the limit are unlikely to be covered.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?