SAVINGS UK Ltd
Our ethics statement
Savings UK Ltd grew out of a desire to create a new kind of Savings Solution and to make Savings more inclusive by putting customer needs first. For us, good business and ethics go hand in hand. We believe that businesses should be aware of their social, economic and environmental impact and their responsibilities to pursue the social good.
This policy outlines how our values and ethics shape our business and the way we work.
At the core of our value system is a belief in transparency, fairness and inclusion. This means no hidden or rip-off fees and no hard sell. It also means listening to our customers.
We are committed to providing a workplace culture that reflects our values of fairness, equity, inclusion, compassion and non-discrimination. Our employees should be – and feel – safe from harassment and bullying. They should be – and feel – free to discuss concerns about our operations internally to their line manager or externally without fear of consequences.
We are a Living Wage Employer and are committed to paying our employees a wage that meets the costs of living, not just the government minimum.
We are committed to developing business relationships with high quality suppliers and partners who themselves are committed to operating under ethical and environmental standards equivalent to our own – including in the fair treatment of customers, employees and other stakeholders.
We don’t provide banking services to or invest in organisations that use excessive power to systemically promote public behaviour that is harmful to individuals, groups or to the whole of society in order to maximise their own profits. This may include, for example, arms manufacturers and tobacco companies.
Treating customers fairly
We commit to:
- Treating our customers fairly
- Ensuring the voice of our customer base is heard
- Communicating with our customers in plain language that they can understand
- Being transparent about fees and charges and keeping them at reasonable levels
- Involving our customers in designing and improving our products and services to best meet their needs
- Supporting staff who work with vulnerable customers
- Taking account of the needs of vulnerable customers and paying attention to possible indicators of vulnerability particularly with regard to collections
- Adopting a responsible approach to lending and providing information to help customers recognise borrowing patterns that appear unsustainable or irresponsible
- Helping customers avoid financial problems through the support of financial education and the design of our products, for example by enabling them to block gambling and betting merchant codes on our site.
Technology for Good
We recognise that digital technologies including artificial intelligence, the internet of things and blockchain, as well as technologies yet to be invented, have the potential to be a force for good, reducing inequalities, saving resources, eradicating disease and promoting economic and educational advancement. But we also recognise they can have harmful impacts. We therefore commit to do what we can to:
- Ensure the benefits of our technology are able to be shared equitably across all parts of society
- Promote and maintain human rights in the production and implementation of our technology
- Help our workforce develop the skills they need to adapt to new technology and the future of work
- Help protect our people’s health and wellbeing as they use our technology
- Maintain best-in-class processes to protect client and personal data, as well as commercially sensitive data of other businesses we engage with
- Ensure we do not build bias, prejudice or discrimination into our algorithms or any part of our technological processes
- Be alert to the social, economic and environmental impacts of our technology.
We are committed to the pursuit of ecological sustainability and to combating climate change. We’re a branchless, digital and largely paperless bank – one that’s built in the cloud, with debit cards made from recycled plastic. Protecting the natural environment is a priority for us, which is why we practise energy and resource efficiency, recycle materials and use sustainable waste management. Find out more about our approach to sustainable banking.
We will never donate to a political party, politician or party political campaign group.
We are committed to using our voice to stand up for causes related to our business in line with our values and ethics. This includes our campaign, aimed at treating all customers fairly, and other work to improve financial literacy.
Employees will be allowed 16 hours paid leave per year to undertake a volunteering activity of their choice.
We will not do anything in our tax affairs that runs contrary to either the letter or spirit of tax legislation in the UK and any other country in which we are liable for tax.
We will strive to draw our board and senior management team from a diverse pool with the express purpose of establishing a varied mix of skills, experience and outlook. Board members will be screened for conflicts of interest and relationships with companies that do not meet our values and ethics.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?